Wednesday, July 30, 2008

The "object" in the mirror are closer to her dream than it may appear!!



Although I am a very humble person, I must say that I am very proud of myself. Last week I applied to be a local artist wardrobe stylist. I made Top 5 out of 40 people who also signed up. First we had to fill out a Q & A form to tell a little about ourselves and why we want to be this artist's stylist. Yea I made it through that!! Next, the applicants had to create outfits that would best fit the scenario of the artist's performance. We were given a budget for each store where we were supposed to "shop". I passed that test and made it to the phone interview with her PR/ Manager. We spoke for a little over 20 minutes, and I was asked to attend the final interview where the artist will select her stylist based off the entries submitted. I will receive a email either today and tomorrow, to meet the local artist and manager face to face Thursday or Friday. Wish me luck!!


Here are my sets that I submitted:


Target- $100



I thought that I did very well on this outfit for just $100 Target has a wider selection, that made it easier for me to complete the set a lot quicker.

Express/Ninewest- $300



The Express/Ninewest was the most difficult and frustrating to me, the selection was very limited and the pieces that I wanted were not in the budget. The sites didn't even have a good pair of gold earrings for me to pair with this outfit. Although this isn't my most spectacular combo. I am somewhat satisfied with the outcome.


Nordstrom- $500


This maxi dress is actually my most favorite combo. I just kept it simple, an empire waist maxi with gold accessories. When ask why I created this, I told the PR that i wanted her outfit simple and chic so that the audience wouldn't be distracted by a loud colorful outfit. This set is actually for the artist's bluesy and soulful tune. I call this the "Encore" dress, saved for the last and most sweetest song off her album.

2 comments:

Jess Lee said...

Congratulations on making top 5! I'm curious -- during the challenge, did they ask everyone to use Polyvore or did you just create those sets after the challenge was over?

Mz.Ktoure said...

All applicants were intially told just to cut and paste images , but I decided to use Polyvore for a more organized look. Thnx for the comment!!